Misty Rain Scans
Welcome to our forum!
We hope you can enjoy your time here! Please read our rules if you want to download our releases. Please remember that you will have to read THIS and do exactly like it says. If you're already a member remember that you will have to Log In to see our projects and our releases!!

with love MRS' staff

Misty Rain Scans

Manga Scanlation Service

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Ahoy there, mateys

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rinellie

PostSubject: Ahoy there, mateys   Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:11 pm

Hi, everyone!

I was just accepted to the team as a new Chinese translator. I'm really excited to start working with you all and to have a chance to practice my Chinese.

I'm originally from the Midwest in the US, but I'm spending a couple years in China currently. Although I studied Chinese before coming to China, I don't think I would have had the confidence in my ability to translate before coming here. It's awesome just how much you can see yourself improve in another language by being exposed to it on a daily basis.

Anyway, that's a little about me and how I came to join you all here at MRS. I hope to make friends with a lot of you! Don't be a stranger ;o
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yokoai

PostSubject: Re: Ahoy there, mateys   Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:24 am

Hi Rinellie! Welcome to MRS~

Congratz on joining our staff! I hope you enjoy being one of us :3 and good luck with improving Chinese!

MM-MMM-MMMM
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Patti.

PostSubject: Re: Ahoy there, mateys   Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:43 pm

Welcome, Rinnellie~

That's awesome. I've heard before that you can learn a language much more quickly by living in the country. It sounds fun, I'm a bit envious. ^^ I hope you enjoy your time with MRS and gain some extra experience too.

Rinellie

PostSubject: Re: Ahoy there, mateys   Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:12 am

Thanks, guys!

Yokoai--The desserts that show up in your signature are so tempting ;-; That chocolate cake looks especially delicious.

Patti--Yeah, it's really great! To be honest, I was a bit afraid that I wouldn't improve even after coming to China. I'm glad to be able to say that's not the case. Is there any particular country you'd like to live in?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Patti.

PostSubject: Re: Ahoy there, mateys   Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:16 pm

Yes~ I'd love to learn Korean and live in South Korea, but that's probably mostly my inner fangirl speaking. ^^

Rinellie

PostSubject: Re: Ahoy there, mateys   Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:51 am

Ah, manhwa or drama fangirl? (Why not both, am I right?)

I have to admit, it's been a while since I've read a manhwa, but I watch K-dramas fairly regularly. I think the last one I watched was Marriage Not Dating. Have you seen that one?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Patti.

PostSubject: Re: Ahoy there, mateys   Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:29 pm

Aha, I'm a Kpop fan. Not a crazy huge one, but one nonetheless. ^^

Nope, I've never seen Marriage not Dating. I do watch K-dramas (started Pinocchio recently), but I have a bad habit of not finishing them. Embarassed

Rinellie

PostSubject: Re: Ahoy there, mateys   Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:53 am

I'm the same way! It always seems like the K-dramas I watch are just a few episodes too long, and a lot of the time, there just isn't much incentive plot-wise to invest those last few hours to finish watching the series.

Actually, I consider the drama Que Sera Sera to be my favorite of the ones I've seen, but I never watched the last two episodes lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Patti.

PostSubject: Re: Ahoy there, mateys   Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:25 pm

The funny thing is that if I get really into series I usually binge watch it, but then once I stop I never continue watching. I guess maybe I do lose interest at that point. Then if I do want to watch it again in the future I've forgotten the storyline. ><

I actually made it all the way through Playful Kiss (didn't binge watch that one), but then I never watched the last episode.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ahoy there, mateys   

Back to top Go down

Ahoy there, mateys
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1